- Full Description
Want to assert yourself as a cuttingedge PHP web developer? Take a practical approach, learning by example from author Quentin Zervaas, and discover how to bring together the many technologies needed to create a successful, modern web application.
- Create cuttingedge PHP/MySQL web applications
- Implement musthave functionality such as blogs, maps, search functionality, and dynamic image galleries
What youll learn
- How to set up the perfect PHP/MySQL application development environment
- How to implement basic user management functionality
- How to use many of the components from the Zend Framework
- How to create standardscompliant and accessible HTML code and effectively style it using CSS
- How to create a basic blog system and enhance it with Ajax
- How to add personalized user areas to your web application
- How to create a dynamic image gallery
- How to add search functionality to your application
- How to use the Google Maps API to add maps to your application
- How to implement popular Web 2.0 features, such as microformats, tags, and web feeds
Who this book is for
This book is for any PHP developer who wants to stay ahead of the curve, with practical, highlevel web application development techniques.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 73:
I can't get past chapter 4... I developed the full tutorial a while ago, there was a good errata page that was deleted... The error I'm getting is this one:
Uncaught exception 'Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Exception' with message 'Invalid controller specified (error)' in ...
I think it is because the ErrorController isn't specified, but the book doesn't mention it until chapter 9... what do I do?? Help me please!