- Full Description
The move from socalled heavyweight architectures, such as Enterprise JavaBeans, toward lightweight frameworks, like Spring, has not stopped since Pro Spring was published by Rob Harrop and Jan Machacek in 2005; in fact, its picked up pace. The Spring Framework remains the leader in this move and provides a platform on which you can build your own applications and services.
Pro Spring 2.5 covers the new features of Spring 2.5, but moreover, it is focused on the best practices and core standards of contemporary Spring development. As members of the Spring development team at Cake Solutions, the author team brings extensive practical experience gained from working with Spring since version 1.0 and delivering successful systems on top of it.
Learn the approaches that really matter in a professional, enterpriselevel environment, so you can apply them to your projects today, safe in the knowledge that they just work.
What youll learn
- Discover how to use Springs Inversion of Control (IoC)
- Explore Springs excellent aspectoriented programming (AOP) support, including Spring 2.5s new @AspectJ feature
- Find out how to use Springs dynamic scripting language features, Spring design patterns, and performance tuning in Spring applications
- Learn what really works in realworld Spring development
- Understand Springs support for the JDBC framework, Hibernate, the Quartz enterprise scheduler, declarative transaction management, and much more
- Master Springs welldesigned MVC framework and add AJAX to your Spring web applications to create flexible, efficient, and manageable applications using the best techniques available
Who this book is for
Enterprise Java, J2EE/Java EE developers looking to learn and use the Spring meta-framework, the now growing, leading alternative to J2EE/Java EE.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published