- Full Description
Beginning Ubuntu LTS Server Administration, Second Edition is the touchstone companion book for anyone implementing Ubuntu LTS Server. Author Sander van Vugt introduces the most recent server edition of Ubuntu Linux, the most popular Linux distribution, to power users, system administrators, and programmers and demonstrates the power and flexibility that the HardyHeron Ubuntu Server Long Term Support Edition offers for small networks and corporate systems alike.
This book covers:
- Installing and configuring Ubuntu to ensure secure installations
- Virtual Ubuntu
- Full network and web services management
What youll learn
- Administer, install, and configure the 5year HardyHeron Ubuntu Server Long Term Support Edition of the most popular Linux distribution in the world
- Use the new installation and graphical user interface tools
- Familiarize yourself, whether you are a power user or system administrator
- Build a network infrastructure with Ubuntu Server
- Harden Ubuntu to withstand new security threats
- Use virtual services
Who this book is for
This book will suit Linux system administrators of all levels. It also lets power users who want to familiarize themselves with network and web services relevant to their work acquire uptodate specialized Ubuntu skills.
- Source Code/Downloads
On page 282:
Near the bottom of the page it says: "By default, a lease is specified in minutes, so the default lease time expires after 10 hours, and the maximum lease time is 120 hours."
This is incorrect; lease times are in seconds. The sentence should read:
By default, a lease is specified in seconds, so the default lease time expires after 10 minutes, and the maximum lease time is 120 minutes.