- Full Description
Linux Recipes for Oracle DBAs is an examplebased book on managing Oracle Database in a Linux environment. Covering commonly used distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle Enterprise Linux, the book is written for database administrators who need to get work done and lack the luxury of curling up fireside with a stack of Linux documentation. The book is taskoriented: Look up the task to perform. See the solution. Read up on the details. Get the job done.
- Takes you directly from problem to solution
- Covers the right mix of Linux user and administration tasks for database administrators
- Respects your time by being succinct and tothepoint
What youll learn
- Execute Linux commands applicable to Oracle Database administration.
- Write shell scripts to automate critical DBA tasks.
- Monitor, tune, and optimize a Linux server to run Oracle Database.
- Perform Linux system administration tasks relevant to Oracle Database.
- Implement Oracle real application clusters on Linux.
- Implement Oracle automatic storage management on Linux.
- Remotely (and securely!) manage Oracle on Linux.
Who this book is for
Linux Recipes for Oracle DBAs is a book for Oracle database administrators who want to expertly operate Oracle databases on the Linux operating system. If youre new to Linux, or are migrating from a Unix platform, or just want detailed solutions for tasks that Oracle DBAs perform on Linux servers, this book is for you.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published