- Full Description
RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 12c is an example-driven approach to the Oracle database administrator's #1 job responsibility:
- Be able to recover the database.
Of all the things you are responsible for as database administrator, nothing is more important than the data itself. Like it or not, the fearsome responsibility of protecting your organization's most critical data falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that data and your company could fail.
- Lose that data and you could be out of a job.
Oracle's flagship database product fortunately implements a wide-ranging feature set to aid you in the all-important task of safeguarding against data loss. Recovery Manager, or RMAN, is at the heart of that feature set, and is the tool most-often used to initiate database backup and recovery operations. In this book, well-known authors and database experts Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have created a set of examples encompassing the gamut of backup and recovery tasks that you might need to perform.
Sometimes, especially when the heat is on, a good example is what you need to get started towards a solution. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 12c delivers. Itll be the book you reach for when that dreaded call comes in at 3:00am some dreary morning. Itll be the book that lets you sleep at night knowing that no matter what transpires, that you've done your job well and can recover from any outage. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 12c gets right to the point with quick and easy-to-read, step-by-step solutions that can help you backup and recover your data with confidence.
What youll learn
- Reliably back up and recover your database using Oracle's Recovery Manager
- Let Oracle Database manage your backup files via the Fast Recovery Area
- Automate backup and recovery tasks by writing scripts
- Troubleshoot RMAN problems and optimize RMAN performance
- Recover from the loss of a control file, loss of an online redo log, and from other unusual situations
Who this book is for
RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 12c is aimed squarely at Oracle database administrators responsible for database backup and recovery operations.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Backup and Recovery 101
- Jump-Starting RMAN
- Using the Fast Recovery Area
- Using RMAN
- Configuring the RMAN Environment
- Using the Recovery Catalog
- Making Backups with RMAN
- Maintaining RMAN Backups and the Repository
- Scripting RMAN
- Restoring the Control File
- Performing Complete Recovery
- Performing Incomplete Recovery
- Performing Flashback Recovery
- Handling Online Redo Log Failures
- Duplicating Databases and Transporting Data
- Tuning RMAN
- Troubleshooting RMAN
- Implementing Oracle Secure Backup
- Performing Backup and Recovery with Enterprise Manager
- Using the Data Recovery Advisor
- Using RMAN on Windows
- RMAN and RAC
- RMAN and ASM
- RMAN and Exadata
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published