- Full Description
Using R for Statistics will get you the answers to most of the problems you are likely to encounter when using a variety of statistics. This book is a problem-solution primer for using R to set up your data, pose your problems and get answers using a wide array of statistical tests. The book walks you through R basics and how to use R to accomplish a wide variety statistical operations.
You'll be able to navigate the R system, enter and import data, manipulate datasets, calculate summary statistics, create statistical plots and customize their appearance, perform hypothesis tests such as the t-tests and analyses of variance, and build regression models. Examples are built around actual datasets to simulate real-world solutions, and programming basics are explained to assist those who do not have a development background.
After reading and using this guide, you'll be comfortable using and applying R to your specific statistical analyses or hypothesis tests. No prior knowledge of R or of programming is assumed, though you should have some experience with statistics.
What youll learn
- How to apply statistical concepts using R and some R programming
- How to work with data files, prepare and manipulate data, and combine and restructure datasets
- How to summarize continuous and categorical variables
- What is a probability distribution
- How to create and customize plots
- How to do hypothesis testing
- How to build and use regression and linear models
Who this book is for
No prior knowledge of R or of programming is assumed, making this book ideal if you are more accustomed to using point-and-click style statistical packages. You should have some prior experience with statistics, however.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. R Fundamentals
2. Working with Data Files
3. Preparing and Manipulating Data
4. Combining and Restructuring Data Sets
5. Continuous Variables
6. Tabular Data
7. Probability Distribution
8. Creating Plots
9. Customizing Plots
10. Hypothesis Tests
11. Regression and Linear Models
12. Appendix A: Basic Programming with R
13. Appendix B: Add-on Packages
14: Appendix C: Data Sets
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published