- Full Description
Learn Android App Development is a hands-on tutorial and useful reference. You'll quickly get up to speed and master the Android SDK and the Java that you need for your Android Apps. You will fid that Learn Android App Development is an all-in-one getting started guide to building your first Android smartphone or tablet apps!
The Android SDK offers powerful features, and this book is the fastest path to mastering themand the rest of the Andorid SDKfor programmers with some experience who are new to Android smartphone and tablet apps development. Many books introduce the Android SDK, but very few explain how to develop apps optimally and soundly. This book teaches both core Java language concepts and how to wisely but rapidly employ the design patterns and logic using the Android SDK, which is based on Java APIs.
You'll also learn best practices that ensure your code will be efficient and perform well. An app that performs well and is well designed is likely to get you the best reviews on Google Play or Amazon Appstore, which in turn helps drive higher or better search results and perhaps more revenue.
Why spend months or years discovering the best ways to design and code Android apps when this book will show you how to do things the right way from the start?
- Get an accelerated but complete enough treatment of the core fundamentals of Java necessary to get you started.
- Design your first app using prototyping and other design methods as others in the industry now do.
- Build your first Android app using the code that you're given as you walk through this book.
- Finally, debug and distribute your first app on Google Play or other Android app store.
What youll learn
- How to get a quick start to learning Android to build your first Android app
- How the Android development process works and what is the usual workflow
- How to design an Android app User Interface (UI)
- How to add interactivity and functionality to your Android apps
- How to deliver new media instead your Android apps and more
Who this book is for
This book is for those who have some programming experience but who are new to the Android mobile platform. This book is ideal for those who may be coming from iOS programming/development to learn about this other most popular mobile platform, Android.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Building Your Android Software Development Environment
- Exploring Android App Development: Building Your First Hello World App using the Lingo
- A Java for Android Primer: Enhancing our Hello World Application
- Designing User Interface Layouts via Android ViewGroup and Activity Classes
- Using Intents and Events to make an Android Application Interactive
- Populating a UI Design with Android Widgets via Androids View Class
- Introduction to Graphics Design in Android: Concepts and Techniques
- Compositing in Android: Advanced Graphical User Interface Design
- Android Image Animation: Frame Animation Using XML Constructs
- Android Vector Animation: Procedural Animation via XML Constructs
- An Introduction to Digital Video: Video Concepts and Data Optimization
- Playing Digital Video in Android Apps using the Android VideoView Class
- An Introduction to Digital Audio: Audio Concepts and Data Optimization
- Playing Digital Audio in Android Apps using the Android MediaPlayer Class
- Audio Sequencing for Android Apps using the Android SoundPool Class
- Using Services to make your Android Application Functional
- Using Broadcast Receivers to allow an Android Application to Communicate
- Using Intents to Invoke Android Inter-Application Programming
- Using Androids SQLite Class to store and access Custom Data
- Appendix A
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published