- Full Description
Unboxing Android USB focuses on apps that use USB. This book covers everything starting from simple tasks like managing media with USB to complex tasks like Android ADB and developing application which exploit the potential of USB framework.
With use cases that help developers build real world apps in real-time utilizing the advanced features of USB framework Unboxing Android USB tries to cover every single aspect of the app development cycle in totality.
Unboxing Android USB helps you learn newly introduced android open accessory protocol with unique examples such as using USB Keyboard with Android device without USB host mode enabled and switching from MTP to MSC.
The book is organized based on the USB functions, with each chapter explaining different USB classes available in Android. The functionalities are explained by starting from the USB specification followed by block diagrams that explain different blocks available in that USB class, followed by sequence diagram that elucidates flow of control and data. Each chapter has a unique sample Android application that uses the particular USB function.
What youll learn
- Understand USB Android framework all the way to the kernel layer and develop advance USB applications through sequence diagrams
- Learn different USB Class supported by Android framework
- Learn newly introduced android open accessory protocol with unique examples.( Using USB Keyboard with Android device, without USB host mode)
Who this book is for
- Application developer and engineers who do hands on work with Android.
- Core platform developers working on USB, Audio, media and others
- Technical managers or Architects or senior managers working on different blocks of the Android subsystem.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Chapter 01: Getting Started
Chapter 02: Discovering and Managing USB devices
Chapter 03: USB Storage
Chapter 04: USB tethering
Chapter 05: Android Accessory
Chapter 06: Android USB Audio
Chapter 07: Android ADB
Appendix A: Battery Management
Appendix B: Using Libusb on Android
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published