- Full Description
The most up-to-date and comprehensive introductory ASP.NET book youll find on any shelf, Beginning ASP.NET 4 in VB 2010 guides you through Microsofts latest technology for building dynamic web sites. This book will enable you to build dynamic web pages on the fly, and assumes only the most basic knowledge of Visual Basic.
The book provides exhaustive coverage of ASP.NET, guiding you from your first steps right up to the most advanced techniques, such as querying databases from within a web page and tuning your site for optimal performance. Within these pages, youll find tips for best practices and comprehensive discussions of key database and XML principles you need to know in order to be effective with ASP.NET. The book also emphasizes the invaluable coding techniques of object orientation and code-behind, which will start you off on the track to building real-world web sites right from the beginningrather than just faking it with simplified coding practices.
By the time youve finished the book, you will have mastered the core techniques and have all the knowledge you need to begin work as a professional ASP.NET developer.
What youll learn
- How to build well-structured ASP.NET applications from the first principles, including how to incorporate data from databases, XML files, web services, and other services.
- A solid understanding of key ASP.NET concepts such as master pages, themes, state management, and error handling, and of which techniques work best in which situations.
- How to improve the user experience of your pages through the use of ASP.NET AJAX and Silverlight to increase interactivity and provide input validation.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The .NET Framework
- The C# Language
- Types, Objects, and Namespaces
- Visual Studio
- Web Form Fundamentals
- Web Controls
- Error Handling, Logging, and Tracing
- State Management
- Rich Controls
- User Controls and Graphics
- Styles, Themes, and Master Pages
- Website Navigation
- ADO.NET Fundamentals
- Data Binding
- The Data Controls
- Files and Streams
- Security Fundamentals
- Component-Based Programming
- LINQ and the Entity Framework
- ASP.NET AJAX
- Deploying ASP.NET Applications
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.On page 71:At the bottom of page 71, I think that it should be "Dim theProduct as New Product(...)" instead of "Dim theProduct As New TaxableProduct(...)"