- Full Description
Whether you're relatively new to git or you need a refresher, or if you just need a quick, handy reference for common tasks in git, Git Recipes is just the reference book you need.With recipes to cover any task you can think of, including working with GitHub and git on BitBucket, Git Recipes shows you how to work with large repositories, new repositories, forks, clones, conflicts, differences, and it even gives you practical scenarios you may find yourself dealing with while using git.If you work with Git at all, you need this hands-on, practical reference for all things Git.
What youll learn
- How to work with both well-known and local repositories
- How to deal with issues like dangling revisions and disjointed branches
- How to pinpoint who made specific changes
- How to deal with textual and binary conflicts
- How to work with hosted solutions like GitHub and BitBucket
- How to work with git in large groups
Who this book is for
People who need a quick, practical reference for everything related to Git.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Getting started with git2. Playing with well-known repositories3. Creating Local Repositories with Linear History4. Managing Files5. Branches6. Merging Branches7. Rebasing branches8. Modifying the history9. Resolving Collisions10. Remote repositories and synchronization11. Hosting git repositories12. Working with GitHub.com13. More Recipes on Files
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published