- Full Description
Beginning Android C++ Game Development introduces general and Android game developers like you to Android's powerful Native Development Kit (NDK). The Android NDK platform allows you to build the most sophisticated, complex and best performing game apps that leverage C++. In short, you learn to build professional looking and performing game apps like the book's case study, Droid Runner.
In this book, you'll learn all the major aspects of game design and programming using the Android NDK and be ready to submit your first professional video game app to Google Play and Amazon Appstore for today's Android smartphones and tablet users to download and play.
The techniques contained in this book include building a game engine, writing a renderer, and building a full game app with entities, game levels and collisions. As part of the tutorial you'll also learn about inserting perspectives using cameras and including audio in your game app.
What youll learn
- How to build your first real-world quality game app for Android smartphones and tablets using the power of the Android C++ APIs as found in the NDK
- How to do professional level, quality game design, starting the Droid Runner case study that's used throughout this book to illustrate the key concepts
- How to build a game engine
- How to write a renderer
- How to build the Droid Runner game app with entities, game levels and collisions
- How to insert perspectives using cameras and more
- How to create or integrate audio into your game app
- How to submit to the Android app stores like Google Play and Amazon Appstore
Who this book is for
This book is for game developers looking to get into Android development for the first time, as well as Android game developers who have never used the Native Development Kit (NDK).
- Table of Contents
Table of ContentsSection 1 : An Introduction to Android and Game Programming
1. An Introduction To Game Development
2. An Introduction to the Android Game Development Ecosystem.
(A First Game: HelloDroid)
3. Game Design For Beginners - Droid Runner
(Case Study begins: Droid Runner)
4. Building a Game Engine
5. Writing a Renderer
Section 2 : Building Droid Runner Game App
6. Game Entities
7. Building Game Levels With Collision
8. Virtual Cameras
9. Lighting and Materials
10. Game Audio
11. Self-Publishing 101
A. Developing with the Android NDK and Eclipse.
B. Android Hardware
C. C++ and Design Patterns
D. C++ Math
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published