- Full Description
Learn C# with Beginning C# Object-Oriented Programming and youll be thinking about program design in the right way from day one. Whether you want to work with .NET for the web or desktop, or for Windows 8 on any device, Dan Clark's accessible, quick-paced guide will give you the foundation you need for a successful future in C# programming.
In this book you will:
- Master the fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Work through a case study to see how C# and OOP work in a real-world application
- Develop techniques and best practices that lead to efficient, reusable, elegant code
- Discover how to transform a simple model of an application into a fully-functional C# project.
What youll learn
- Lay the foundations of great C# programming by understanding object-oriented programming (OOP) principles.
- Understand how OOP can be applied across desktop, web and mobile worlds in Windows today.
- Learn to use the Universal Modeling Language (UML) to quickly design an application correctly from the first attempt.
- Discover the .NET Framework, ASP.NET and WinRT and how they can help you create applications quickly and efficiently.
- Walk along as the author guides you through a final challenge, to develop a complete application using a wide range of the techniques and best practices covered inside.
Who this book is for
If you want to learn C# while gaining a foundation in object-oriented programming that will get you thinking about program design in the right way from day one, this book is for you.
In particular, developers who want to transition to C# programming, but lack a firm grasp of object-oriented programming principles, will find this book an excellent starting point for their journey into C#.
This book assumes readers are familiar with basic programming concepts such as loops and condition statements. If you're completely new to this we've included a primer in Appendix A that will help you find your feet.
- Table of Contents
Table of ContentsChapter 1: Overview of Object-Oriented Programming
Chapter 2: Designing OOP Solutions: Identifying the Class Structure
Chapter 3: Designing OOP Solutions: Modeling the Object Interaction
Chapter 4: Designing OOP Solutions: A Case Study
Chapter 5: Introducing the .NET Framework and Visual Studio
Chapter 6: Creating Classes
Chapter 7: Creating Class Hierarchies
Chapter 8: Implementing Object Collaboration
Chapter 9: Working with Collections
Chapter 10: Implementing the Data Access Layer
Chapter 11: Developing WPF Applications
Chapter 12: Developing Web Applications
Chapter 13: Developing Windows Store Applications with WinRT
Chapter 14: Developing and Consuming Web Services
Chapter 15: Developing the OSO Application
Chapter 16: Wrapping Up
Appendix A: Fundamental Programming Concepts
Appendix B: Exception Handling in C#
Appendix C: Installing the Required Software
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published