- Full Description
The team that brought you the bestselling Beginning iPhone Development, the book that taught the world to program on the iPhone, is back again, bringing this definitive guide up-to-date with Apple's latest and greatest new iOS 8 and its SDK, as well as with the latest version of Xcode (6.1).
You'll have everything you need to create your very own apps for the latest iOS devices. Every single sample app in the book has been rebuilt from scratch using Xcode 6.1 and the latest 64-bit iOS 8-specific project templates, and designed to take advantage of the latest Xcode features.
Assuming only a minimal working knowledge of Objective-C, and written in a friendly, easy-to-follow style, Beginning iPhone Development offers a complete soup-to-nuts course in iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch programming. The book starts with the basics, walking through the process of downloading and installing Xcode 6.1 and the iOS 8 SDK, and then guides you though the creation of your first simple application.
From there, you’ll learn how to integrate all the interface elements iOS users have come to know and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, toolbars, and sliders. You’ll master a variety of design patterns, from the simplest single view to complex hierarchical drill-downs. The confusing art of table building will be demystified, and you’ll learn how to save your data using the iPhone file system. You’ll also learn how to save and retrieve your data using a variety of persistence techniques, including Core Data and SQLite. And there’s much more!
What youll learn
- Everything you need to know to develop your own bestselling iPhone and iPad apps
- Filled with examples
- Best practices for optimizing your code and delivering great user experiences
- What data persistence is, and why it’s important
- Get started with building cool, crisp user interfaces
- What and how to use Table Views
- How to draw to the screen using Core Graphics
- What geo app development features the new iOS brings to the iPhone
- How to get your app to work with iCloud and more
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring iPhone app developers, new to the iOS SDK. Some prior experience with Objective-C is recommended.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. Appeasing the Tiki Gods
3. Handling Basic Interaction
4. More User Interface Fun
5. Rotation and Adaptive Layout
6. Multiview Applications
7. Tab Bars and Pickers
8. Introduction to Table Views
9. Navigation Controllers and Table Views
10. Collection Views
11. iPad Considerations
12. Application Settings and User Defaults
13. Basic Data Persistence
14. Hey! You! Get onto iCloud!
15. Grand Central Dispatch, Background Processing, and You
16. Core Graphics: Drawing with Quartz
17. Getting Started with Sprite Kit
18. Taps, Touches, and Gestures
19. Where Am I? Finding Your Way with Core Location and Map Kit
20. Whee! Gyro and Accelerometer!
21. The Camera and Photo Library
22. Application Localization
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published