- Full Description
Published with the developer in mind, firstPress technical briefs explore emerging technologies that have the potential to be critical for tomorrows industry. Apress keeps developers one step ahead by presenting key information as early as possible in a PDF of 150 pages or less. Explore the future through Apress with Spring PersistenceA Running Start.
This firstPress title gets readers rolling with the various fundamental Spring Framework Java Persistence concepts and offerings, as well as proven design patterns for integrating Spring Persistence functionality for complex and transactionbased enterprise Java applications.
The Java platform offers several options for saving longlived information, including JPA (Java Persistence API), Hibernate, iBatis, JDBC, and even JCR (Java Content Repositorya standard for interfacing with a content management system).
This book helps readers decide which persistence solution is the most ideal for their application requirements, and shows how Spring can be leveraged to simplify the integration of their selected persistence framework into their enterprise application.
What youll learn
- Learn to implement Spring Persistence, which involves persistence tools in Spring as well as choosing the best Java persistence frameworks/tools outside of Spring.
- Work with Spring Framework features such as inversion of control, aspect-oriented programming (AOP), and more.
- Understand the core concepts of JPA and steps for integrating JPA for architecting a welllayered persistence tier.
- Work with Hibernate and integrate it into your Spring applications.
- Develop with the iBatis framework, and see how it differs from other persistence solutions.
- Work with SpringJDBC, declarative transactions with Spring, and discover the benefits of a lightweight persistence strategy.
- Examine other persistence concepts and frameworks not usually covered in other books.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for developers interested in learning more about persistence framework options on the Java platform, as well as fundamental Spring concepts. Because the book covers several persistence frameworks, it is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about Spring or any of the frameworks covered. Lastly, this book covers advanced topics related to persistence architecture and design patterns and is ideal for beginning developers looking to learn more in this area as well.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing Spring Persistence
- Using Spring JDBC
- Using Spring with Hibernate
- Integrating JPA with Spring
- Introducing the iBATIS Data Mapper
- Managing Transactions
- Integration Testing with JUnit
- Using Spring with a Content Management System
- Rapid Web Development Using Groovy and Grails
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published