- Full Description
RichFaces 4 is a component library for JavaServer Faces, and an advanced framework for easily integrating AJAX capabilities into business applications. It lets you quickly develop next-generation web applications based on JSF 2/Ajax.
In this definitive RichFaces 4 book, instead of using JBoss Tools, the author bases all examples on Maven so that any IDE can be usedwhether it's NetBeans, Eclipse, JBoss or even Spring.
Practical RichFaces also describes how to best take advantage of RichFacesthe integration of the Ajax4jsf and RichFaces librariesto create flexible and powerful programs. Assuming some JSF background, it shows how you can radically reduce programming time and effort to create rich AJAX-based applications.
What youll learn
- How to build rich Internet applications with out-of-the-box RichFaces components
- Best strategies for implementing Ajax applications using RichFaces
- When best to use the two libraries
- How to create new skins for your app in no time
Who this book is for
- Java developers with good JSF knowledge looking to build next-generation web applications using RichFaces
- JavaServer Faces users
- Java programmers wishing to add Ajax to their existing programs
- Old users of Ajax4jsf
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The Basics
- Getting Started
- a4j:* Tags, Features and Concepts
- Getting Started with Rich Components
- Rich Input and Select Components
- Rich Panel and Output Components
- Rich Data Iteration Components
- Rich Menu Components
- Rich Tree Components
- Rich Drag-and-Drop Components
- Rich Validation
- RichFaces CDK: Building Custom Components
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 60:The explanation for Listing 3-35 says:
If the second button is clicked (Update Groups 2 and 3 only), then only Group 1 and Group 2 are rendered.
It should say "(Update Groups 1 and 2 only)",because the listing 3-35 said:
<a4j:commandButton value="Update Group 1 and 2 Only" render="group1, group2"