- Full Description
Grails is a full stack framework which aims to greatly simplify the task of building serious web applications for the JVM. The concepts within Grails, like interceptors, tag libs, and Groovy Server Pages (GSP), make those in the Java community feel right at home.
Grails foundation is on solid open source technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, and SiteMesh, which gives it even more potential in the Java space: Spring provides powerful inversion of control and MVC, Hibernate brings a stable, mature object relational mapping technology with the ability to integrate with legacy systems, and SiteMesh handles flexible layout control and page decoration.
Grails complements these with additional features that take advantage of the codingbyconvention paradigm such as dynamic tag libraries, Grails object relational mapping, Groovy Server Pages, and scaffolding.
Graeme Rocher, Grails lead and founder, and Jeff Brown bring you completely uptodate with their authoritative and fully comprehensive guide to the Grails 2 framework. Youll get to know all the core features, services, and Grails extensions via plugins, and understand the roles that Groovy and Grails are playing in the changing Web.
What youll learn
- Discover how the Web is changing and the role the Groovy language and its Grails framework play
- Get to know the Grails Project and its domains, services, filters, controllers, views, testing, and plugins
- Experience the availability of plugins for Rich Client and Ajax, web services, performance/utilities, scheduling, security, functionality, and even Persistence
- See how Grails works with other frameworks like Spring, Wicket, Hibernate, and more
- Create custom plugins in Grails
Who this book is for
This book is for everyone who is looking for a more agile approach to web development with a dynamic scripting language such as Groovy. This includes a large number of Java developers who have been enticed by the productivity gains seen with frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, JRuby on Rails, etc. The Web and its environment is a perfect fit for easily adaptable and concise languages such as Groovy and Ruby, and there is huge interest from the developer community in general to embrace these languages.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The Essence of Grails
- Getting Started with Grails 2
- Understanding Domain Classes
- Understanding Controllers
- Understanding Views
- Mapping URLs
- Dependency Management
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published