- Full Description
JDBC is the most commonly used API in Java to access and manipulate data in a database. Oracle is one of the most popular and scalable databases in the world. This book is a must-have for any developer building an application that employs JDBC on Oracle database. Unlike other JDBC books, this book has been written to complement not rehash the contents of Oracle JDBC documentation and the JDBC specification.
The book teaches you not just how to write JDBC code, but how to write effective JDBC code in a step-by-step fashion. This book does not assume any prior knowledge of JDBC, though it does assume basic knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL. It covers JDBC with a focus on writing high-performing, scalable and secure applications for Oracle 10g and 9i.
What youll learn
- How to efficiently query, insert, update and delete data using JDBC
- How to exploit knowledge of Oracle fundamentals in building applications
- What transaction isolation levels are, which ones Oracle supports and how to write your transactions effectively on Oracle
- How to use proxy authentication to make your programs more secure
- How to use Oracle objects and collections effectively in your applications
- How to deal with the phenomenon of lost updates using variants of optimistic and pessimistic locking strageties
- How to exploit statement caching and connection pooling to increase performance and scalability of your application
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published