- Full Description
EJB 3.0 has made huge advances in ease of development, and its drastically simplified programming model has been widely acclaimed. Targeted at Java and J2EE developers both with and without prior EJB experience, Beginning EJB 3 Application Development takes readers through the details of the EJB 3.0 architecture, and shows how EJB can be used to develop powerful, standards-based backend business logic. With 12 years of combined EJB experience, the authors offer many practical insights into the entire EJB architecture and cover all areas of the EJB 3.0 specification.
With Java and SQL under your belt, this book will teach you EJB 3 from the ground up. It provides a complete and practical roadmap to EJB 3 architecture and programming. And it covers upgrade issues that youll encounter when migrating from EJB 2.1 to EJB 3.0, so its highly relevant if youre already an EJB developer.
What youll learn
- Complete exploration of all types of beans, from session beans to message-driven beans and entity beans
- A deep look at the new EJB 3 persistence and object-relational mapping mechanisms
- Application client integration
- Testing inside and outside the EJB container
- Comprehensive sample application with integrated EJB components
- Avoid headaches and common issues encountered when migrating from EJB 2.1 to EJB 3.0
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.On page 48:
The code sample doesn't appear to do a JNDI lookup. It sets up the InitialContext but does not perform the look up.