- Full Description
Foundation HTML5 Canvas: For Games and Entertainment teaches you how to make exciting interactive games and applications using HTML5 canvas.
Once the basics are covered youll move on to the more advanced features of canvas, including image and video manipulation. Youll also learn how to create realistic animations with the help of some basic physics.
Foundation HTML5 Canvas then teaches you how to create two thrilling space-based games using all the skills youve learned so far. You'll find plenty of code examples and illustrations designed to help you understand even the most complex of topics.
HTML5 is already here for you, and this book will provide you with all the information you need to enjoy the show.
For more information, source code, and the latest blog posts from author Rob Hawkes, visit http://rawkes.com/foundationcanvas.
What youll learn
- The exciting new features that HTML5 brings and how to use them
- What the canvas drawing element is all about and why youd want to use it
- How to utilize both basic and advanced features of canvas
- How to create realistic animations using canvas and a splash of physics
Who this book is for
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing HTML5
- Learning the Basics of Canvas
- Pushing Canvas Further
- Manipulating Images and Video
- Making Things Move
- Implementing Advanced Animation
- Creating the Space Bowling Game
- Creating the Asteroid Avoidance Game
- Taking Things Further and the Future of Canvas
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published