- Full Description
Each application you'll build in Beginning Android Web Application Development will show you solutions that you can apply to many of your own projects. Each example shares techniques and coding solutions that will inspire your own work. You'll learn how to tie your Android apps into Twitter through two apps that you'll build: Who's that Tweet?!, a quiz game based on celebrity accounts, and I Love Ham, a coding investigation into search phrases and rhyming.
Your Android web app development skills will then proceed in another direction, as you discover the power of HTML5 in two game apps: Scavenger Hunt, which introduces you to the HTML5 GPS location API, and Spies!, a location-based application that shows you how to use CSS3, Ajax, and HTML5 within multi-player environments. You'll also create an Android web application which checks the arrival time of buses and light-rails through the use of Portland, Oregon's open Tri-Met data API! This app is a great template for other apps you may want to build in the future, and showcases the important techniques for incorporating cloud-based apps into web games. After reading Beginning Android Web Apps Development, you will have built real apps and developed along the way the skills you'll need to create highly interactive, professional web applications... and, your journey will be engaging and enjoyable!
What youll learn
- Coding solutions that you can use time and again in your own Android web apps
- Key methods and techniques for contemporary Android web app development
- How to take full advantage of CSS3 in the mobile environment and how to handle a multitude of screen resolutions
- How to build feature-rich user interfaces with navigation, colors, and professional styling
- How to add audio and video for highly interactive sites
- How to optimize Ajax within your site
- How to access and use the HTML location API
Who this book is for
For anyone starting out in Android web app development who wants to build feature-rich web apps that are optimized for the Android mobile platform. If you've got basic web development skills, you'll find the code samples and discussions in this book will take your techniques to a completely different level.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 1. Harnessing the Power of Mobile Web
2. Twitter Application: Who's That Tweet?
3. Twitter Application: I Love Ham
4. Creating a Mobile Strategy and Structuring your Code
5. Handling Multiple Screen Resolutions with CSS 3
6. Handling Different Browser Platforms
7. Providing an Impressive User Experience with jQuery Mobile
8. Building Visually Rich Internet Applications
9. HTML5 Location-Based Applications
10. Using Cloud Services: A Transport Application
11. Pushing the Limits with Audio and Video
12. Ajax and Extreme User Interfaces
13. Packaging Your Applications
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published