- Full Description
Microsofts Windows Phone 7 handsets have injected a new vibrancy into the smartphone marketplace and provided bold new opportunities for the Microsoft development community.
Take advantage of these opportunities with Beginning Windows Phone App Development, written specifically to help you learn the skills youll need to develop rich, functional apps for the Windows Phone 7 platform. Authors Henry Lee and Eugene Chuvyrov cover the very latest developments in the fieldincluding the extended APIs offered in the new Mango platform updateso you'll have timely, accurate information at your fingertips.
Beginning Windows Phone App Development starts with the basics, walking you through the process of downloading and setting up the right development tools, including Visual Studio,Expression Blend, Silverlight SDK, and Windows Phone SDK. It then takes you step-by-step though the development process as you build and deploy a working application, complete with a sophisticated user interface. Finally, you'll receive step-by-step instructions on packaging and selling your applications through the Windows Phone Marketplace.
What youll learn
- How to create effective networked applications
- How to leverage your phones GPS capabilities from within your application
- How to interact with the phones built-in functionalities (camera, contacts, maps, accelerometer, video and web browser, to name but a few)
- How to construct highly graphical and responsive user interfaces quickly and easily using these features
- How to package and distribute your applications for both personal distribution and commercial sale via the Windows Phone Marketplace
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone interested in developing applications for the Windows Phone 7.5 platform. You might be an existing .NET developer looking for a new creative angle, or perhaps an iPhone or Android developer looking for a new opportunity. If you have an understanding of basic .NET coding practices, then this book is for you.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing Windows Phone 7 and the Windows Phone Platform
- Building Windows Phone 7 Applications
- Using Cloud Services As Data Stores
- Catching and Debugging Errors
- Packaging, Publishing, and Managing Applications
- Working with the Accelerometer
- Application Bar
- WebBrowser Control
- Working with Controls and Themes
- Integrating Applications with the Windows Phone OS
- Creating Trial Applications
- Isolated Storage
- Using Location Services
- Working with the Camera and Photos
- Push Notifications
- Reactive Extensions for .NET
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published