- Full Description
XAML is Microsoft’s presentation layer markup language. When first introduced as part of .NET 3.0, XAML allowed developers unprecedented control over the look and feel of their applications. But XAML today is much more than just a presentation language. Its powerful data binding functionality allows complete separation of concerns, so you can build multilayered applications with reusable components, bridging the worlds of .NET and WinRT and even Windows Phone while sharing and reusing the majority of your code. Pro XAML with C# shows you how.
In Part I, Buddy James shows you how to approach and break down a business problem by systematically gathering requirements and user stories. You’ll also be introduced to some of the conflicting needs and interests that you might encounter as an enterprise XAML developer working as part of a team.
Part II then dives into code as you develop the shared core of a XAML-based application. You’ll see how to take advantage of XAML’s powerful dependency injection to design a single business logic layer that answers the requirements of your business problem. The author then demonstrates how to use test driven development (TDD) to build your data access layer and make it fully database-agnostic, with implementations shown in both SQL and RavenDB.
Once your business and data layers are in place, you’re ready to build the user interfaces. You’ll see how to build a shared XAML UI core first, before Part III explores implementation details for each of Microsoft’s XAML UIs in turn: desktop (WPF), Windows 8 (WinRT) and Windows Phone. The final chapter is devoted to deploying and maintaining your application.
Packed with real, useable code and expert insights, Pro XAML with C# is the ideal book for professional developers working on the .NET platform and needing to deploy applications on WPF, WinRT, Windows Phone, or any combination of the three.
What youll learn
- Analyze a business problem and develop a solution within the sometimes conflicting interests of a real business team
- Use domain driven design to get maximum business value from your development efforts
- Develop applications in Visual Studio making best use of its integrated design and development views
- Use dependency injection to create loosely coupled components that can be reused easily
- Learn how to design and build one application with three front ends, on WPF, Windows and Windows Phone, with high code reuse and a shared business and data access layers
- Implement the popular MVVM design pattern using the Microsoft Prism library to decouple your user interface from your core domain logic
- Cover your code with unit tests to reduce bugs and validate your design
- Deploy and maintain your application across different devices
Who this book is for
Pro XAML with C# is for intermediate to experienced .NET developers. Readers should have experience working with C# and at least one XAML-based technology (WPF, Silverlight, WinRT or Windows Phone).
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started
Chapter 1: Understanding XAML Development in a Team Environment
Chapter 2: Analyzing a Business Problem
Part II: Developing the Shared XAML Application Core
Chapter 3: Using Domain Driven Design and Dependency Injection
Chapter 4: Domain Modeling with Windows Workflow
Chapter 5: Building the Data Access Layer
Chapter 6: The Shared UI Core and MVVM
Chapter 7: Exception Handling and Logging with the Enterprise Library
Part III: Completing the User Interface Layer
Chapter 8: The WPF User Interface
Chapter 9: The Windows Phone 8 User Interface
Chapter 10: The WinRT User Interface
Chapter 11: Deploying and Maintaining Your Application
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published