- Full Description
You've developed a killer app for one mobile devicenow its time to maximize your intellectual investment and develop for the full spectrum of mobile platforms and devices. With Cracking Windows Phone and BlackBerry Native Development, youll learn how to quickly retool your application between the Windows Phone 7, Windows Mobile, and BlackBerry platforms and broaden the interest and audience of your app.
Cracking Windows Phone and BlackBerry Native Development takes you through the same mobile software development project on each platform, learning the differences between and the relative strengths and weaknesses of each platform as you go. No magic intermediate layers of obfuscationby the time you get to the end, you'll be an expert at developing for any of the major smartphone platforms using each vendor's preferred toolset and approach.
Cracking Windows Phone and BlackBerry Native Development covers the Windows Phone 7, Windows Mobile, and BlackBerry platforms, as well as the development of a general web application accessible on other devices.
If you're interested in taking your app into the world of iPhone and Android, be sure to check out the companion volume, Cracking iPhone and Android Native Development, at http://www.apress.com/9781430231981.
What youll learn
- How to develop, end-to-end, the same application on the Windows Phone 7, Windows Mobile, and BlackBerry platforms
- How to develop the same mobile application as a hosted web application, mainly for comparison and debugging
- The different service architectures available on each platform, concentrating on services related to storage, communications and security
- Key differences in deploying and managing applications on the various platforms
- How to translate experience at developing on one platform to speed development when attempting a project on a different platform
- Plus, stay on top of developments in the mobile application space by visiting the author's comprehensive resource site at MultimobileDevelopment.com.
Who this book is for
Cracking Windows Phone and BlackBerry Native Development is the essential book for software developers looking to build applications that run natively, without cumbersome compatibility layers and toolkits, on Windows Phone 7, Windows Mobile, and BlackBerry platforms.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The Six Bookmarks Server Service
- Application Architecture and Functional Specification
- Windows Phone 7Installing the Toolset
- Windows Phone 7Building the Logon Form and Consuming REST Services
- Windows Phone 7Persisting Bookmarks Locally
- Windows Phone 7Pushing Changes Back to the Server
- Six Bookmarks on Windows Mobile
- BlackberryInstalling the Toolset
- BlackberryBuilding the Logon Form and Consuming REST Services
- BlackberryAn ORM Layer on SQLite
- BlackberryPushing Changes Back to the Server
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published