- Full Description
In Practical AVR Microcontrollers, youll learn how to use the AVR microcontroller to make your own nifty projects and gadgets. Youll start off with the basics in part one: setting up your development environment and learning how the "naked" AVR differs from the Arduino. Then youll gain experience by building a few simple gizmos and learning how everything can be interconnected.
In part two, we really get into the goodies: projects! Each project will show you exactly what software and hardware you need, and will provide enough detail that you can adapt it to your own needs and parts availability. Some of the projects youll make:
- An illuminated secret panel
- A hallway lighting system with a waterfall effect
- A crazy lightshow
- Visual effects gizmos like a Moire wheel and shadow puppets
In addition, you'll design and implement some home automation projects, including working with wired and wireless setups. Along the way, you'll design a useable home automation protocol and look at a variety of hardware setups.
Whether youre new to electronics, or you just want to see what you can do with an AVR outside of an Arduino, Practical AVR Microcontrollers is the book for you.
What youll learn
- How programming the AVR is different from programming an Arduino
- How to use the Arduino IDE to program the AVR, and when to use AVR Studio
- How to network your AVR devices and use them in home automation
- How to add intelligence to your AVR devices
- How to make games with AVR
Who this book is for
Beginning electronics enthusiasts as well as Arduino fans who want to go beyond the Arduino with the AVR microcontroller.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Basics
1. A Brief History of Microcontrollers
2. Building our AVR Test Bed
3. Arduino and the Naked AVR
4. Moving On!
5. Smarten Up!
6. Conversing Digitally
Part 2: The Projects
7. Introduction to the projects section
8. Good Evening, Mr. Bond! Your Secret Panel
9. Here Kitty, Kitty: Rainbow Beams to Drive Your Pets Crazy
10. WordDune: How Much Do You Really See?
11. A Waterfall of Lights: The Passageway Lighting System
12. Moving to Mesmerize: Small Projects with Nifty Effects
13. Home Automation: Small Projects using CAN Bus Controller Area Networks
14. Appendix A: Common Components
15. Appendix B: Digital Electronics Basics
16. Appendix C: Breadboards
17. Appendix D: Serial Communications Basics
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published