- Full Description
The expert tuition and approach to rapid learning in Accelerated SQL Server 2008, one of the first SQL Server 2008 books available, will enable SQL Server and other database professionals to make the leap to the 2008 release of Microsofts flagship database management system quickly. Take full advantage of the features of SQL Server 2008, know what tools are available, and quickly realize the power and ease of use that SQL Server 2008 has to offer.
- Lightningfast introduction to SQL Server 2008
- Written by top experts in the field
- Provides a solid grounding in key features and technologies
What youll learn
- Manage SQL Server installations through the brandnew Declarative Management Framework
- Protect yourself from downtime with highavailability features such as failover clustering
- Speed your applications by taking advantage of new performanceenhancement features in SQL Server 2008
- Find what you need using fulltext search
- Store, retrieve, and manage XML in the database
- Derive competitive advantage from business intelligence tools such as Analysis Services and Reporting Services
Who this book is for
Database professionals who need to make the leap to SQL Server 2008, and who need to make that leap quickly. This audience primarily includes users of previous releases of SQL Server such as SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005. The audience also includes database professionals with experience on competing platforms who are moving laterally to SQL Server.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published