- Full Description
Taking Your iPad to the Max, iOS 5 Edition is written so that anyone can quickly get up to speed on Apples latest hit. As bloggers at The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW.com), the authors have the happy privilege of working with Apple products every day, and they'll guide you through all of the perks of being an iPad owner with access to all the new and amazing features in iOS 5. This book takes you from selecting and buying an iPad, to connecting it to the Internet, to using the incredible power of the iPad and all its apps to enhance your life.
Whether youre using your iPad to surf the Internet, admire or edit family photos, listen to music, watch movies, create or edit movies, or read a book, this book will help guide you. Discover how your iPad can be a virtual shopping mall, opening the door to purchases of music, books, videos, and movies. This book will help you organize your daily life through the use of Calendar, Notes, and Contacts, communicate with friends and colleagues with Mail, and find your way with Maps. You'll also learn how get the most out of your iPad's two cameras, and you'll learn how iCloud keeps all of your documents and photos in sync across all your Apple devices. You'll also learn about great new iOS 5 features like Reminders, Notification Center, iMessage, Newsstand, and PC-Free updates.
Taking Your iPad to the Max, iOS 5 Edition introduces the essentials of using your iPad for recreation, travel, and workand includes the basics of Apple's iWork suite for iPad. Learn to create business or personal documents with Pages, make professional presentations with Keynote, and keep data and finances under control with Numbers. You'll also learn how to use iLife's suite of apps, including iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand on the iPad.
No matter how you use your iPad, Taking Your iPad to the Max, iOS 5 Edition will show you how to make the most of it.
What youll learn
- Learn the new features of iOS 5 on your iPad
- Watch, read and listen more with endless movies, books and music at your fingertips
- Create images and videos and edit them with iMovie
- Use the iPad as a professional office tool to create rich documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- See how iCloud makes syncing seamless
- Get connected wirelessly, stay connected and set your computing life free
Who this book is for
iPad owners who want to learn more about the new features in iOS 5 and iCloud.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Bringing Your iPad Home
- Putting Your Data and Media on Your iPad
- Exploring the iPad Hardware
- Interacting with Your iPad
- Connecting to the Internet
- Browsing the Internet with Safari
- Touching Your Music and Video
- Shopping for Apps, Books, Music, and More
- Using iBooks
- Leveraging Your Desk Set
- Setting Up and Using Mail
- Working with Maps
- Touching Your Digital Photos
- On the Go with iWork
- Using the iPad Cameras with Camera, Photobooth, and FaceTime
- Other Great Ways to Use Your iPad
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published