- Full Description
Pro Exchange 2013 SP1 PowerShell Administration is your one-stop resource for both basic and advanced administration of Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1 and Exchange Online, Microsoft's best-selling hosted Exchange service.
The industry shift that is currently happening toward ‘the cloud’ is not just about hosting your applications somewhere else. It’s also driving automation and standardization of technical solutions, which in turn is leading to greater productivity. Embracing PowerShell will help you administer your existing environment more efficiently and also teach you valuable ‘cloud-ready’ skills as well. This book is your best-in-class companion for gaining a deep, thorough understanding of managing all facets of Exchange 2013 Service Pack 1 with PowerShell.
Authors Michel de Rooij and Jaap Wesselius, both Microsoft messaging MVPs, take you through tips, tricks, and little known facts that will make your administration life simpler and more effective. Along with revealing what’s new in Exchange Server 2013, this well-paced, deeply engaging tutorial provides detailed deployment guidance, for upgraders and migrators as well as for organizations entirely new to the Exchange platform. The book details how all of the major Exchange components fit together, from SMTP messages to all kinds of clients. It also provides in-depth configuration examples with an eye toward creating scalable, reliable, and secure installations. Additionally, this guide covers the tools and techniques for monitoring an Exchange environment and troubleshooting when things go wrong.
Discover how to automate time consuming management tasks, configure a Hybrid environment with an on-premises Exchange deployment, and more today with Pro Exchange 2013 SP1 PowerShell Administration.
- Teaches you the basics of PowerShell and provides a foundation for more advanced scripting
- Deploy an Office 365 tenant in hybrid mode with your existing Exchange servers
- Learn how to manage Exchange Online with Remote PowerShell
What youll learn
- Learn how to install Exchange Server fresh or upgrade from a previous version
- Get a comprehensive understanding of Exchange, with thorough coverage of Mailbox server and Client Access server as well as the returning Edge Transport Server in Service Pack 1
- Understand the tools and techniques for configuring and managing your Exchange deployment to ensure scalability, reliability, efficiency and security
- Learn how to monitor your deployment and prepare for any problems and how to troubleshoot any problems that do arise
- A comprehensive set of best practices for administering Exchange Server 2013 on a daily basis
- A thorough understanding of new features
- How to design and deploy new Exchange 2013 servers and upgrade existing Exchange servers to Exchange 2013
- Learn best practices for high availability and disaster recovery
- Understand the differences and similarities between Exchange on-premises and Exchange Online
Who this book is for
Pro Exchange 2013 SP1 PowerShell Administration is aimed at existing on-premises Exchange and messaging engineers and consultants, or professionals in similar roles with less experience that find themselves to be quick learners.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Exchange 2013 SP1
2. Installing Exchange 2013 SP1
3. Client Access Server
4. Mailbox Server
5. High Availability
6. Message Hygiene
7. Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery
8. Unified Communications
11. Office 365 and Exchange Online
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published