- Full Description
With the incarnations of ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL Server 2008, programming dynamic datadriven web sites with Microsoft technologies has become easier and much more efficient than ever before. Fewer mouse clicks and fewer lines of code can now enable more powerful features and the tools you needVisual Web Developer and SQL Server 2008 Express Editionare free. In Beginning ASP.NET E-Commerce in C#: From Novice to Professional, youll learn how to best use the free development tools offered by Microsoft to build an online product catalog. You will gain an intimate understanding of every piece of code you write. This understanding will enable you to build your own powerful and flexible web sites efficiently and rapidly with ASP.NET 3.5.
- Build a complete site, including a shopping cart, checkout, product searching, product recommendations, control panel, customer accounts, order processing, and much, much more.
- Explore new challenges and theoretical concepts, which are carefully analyzed and explained throughout the book, with each feature you add to the web site.
- Learn to handle payments by integrating PayPal and DataCash into your site.
What youll learn
- Use Microsofts Express products to build an online product catalog
- Add payment processing with PayPal and DataCash
- Expand your sites product listing through web services
- Implement an order pipeline
- Take advantage of search engine optimization techniques to publicize your site
Who this book is for
Developers wanting to build professional ecommerce sites using .NET technologies.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 3:
http://www.cristiandarie.ro/balloonshop. The link does not work. You get a web page configration error:
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
On page 197:In Chapters 7/8:
HeaderLink.ImageUrl = "~/Images/BalloonShopLogo.png" causes error with UlrRewriter. I found solution for this by setting abolute path in code behind file "BalloonShop.master.cs" with
On page 275:
No double quotes around the NavigateUrl value in the hyperlink element.
Also, the links in the PayPal chapter do not work until you place a databind() call in the page_load event for each link control. Is there an easier way?
On page 325:Procedure or function 'CatalogGetCategoriesInDepartment' expects parameter '@DepartmentID', which was not supplied.
On page 378:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.