- Full Description
ASP.NET 4.5 remains Microsoft's preferred technology for creating dynamic websites, providing developers with unrivaled power and flexibility.
Pro ASP.NET 4.5 in C# is the most complete reference to ASP.NET that you will find. This comprehensively revised fifth edition will teach you everything you need to know in order to create well-designed ASP.NET websites. Beginning with core concepts the book progresses steadily through key professional skills. You'll be shown how to query databases in detail, consider the myriad applications of XML, and step through all the considerations you need to be aware of when securing your site from intruders. Finally, you'll consider advanced topics such as using client-side validation, jQuery and Ajax.
By the time you have read this book you will have learned all the skills you need to use ASP.NET 4.5 with confidence.
What youll learn
- Understand why ASP.NET 4.5 is so special, what its fundamental principles are, the basics of Visual Studio, how ASP.NET controls are created and how they fit into ASP.NET pages, ultimately creating full applications.
- Become familiar with Web API , one of the biggest additions to ASP.NET 4.5, and understand how to use it and integrate it within your existing ASP.NET applications.
- Discover and the Entity Framework and how to perform data binding to in web applications.
- Learn the ASP.NET security features and how to best apply them.
- Use HTML and jQuery with an emphasis on contemporary web development techniques.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at developers with a basic understanding on the .NET Framework who want to learn how to use it in a professional environment. Migrating readers without this foundation would be well served by reading Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in C#, also by Apress, before tackling this book.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I
01 - Your First ASP.NET Application
02 - Putting ASP.NET in Context
03 - Essential Language Features
04 - Using jQuery
05 - Essential Development Tools
06 - SportsStore: A Real Application
07 - SportsStore: Navigation & Cart
08 - SportsStore: Completing the Cart
09 - SportsStore: Administration
10 - SportsStore: Deployment
11 - Testable Web Apps
12 - Working with Web Forms
13 - Lifecycle Events & Context
14 - Modules
15 - Handlers
16 - Page & Control Lifecycle Events
17 - Managing Request Execution
18 - Managing State Data
19 - Caching Data
20 - Caching Output
21 - Handling Errors
22 - Managing Paths
23 - URL Routing
24 - Advanced URL Routing
25 - Authentication
26 - Membership
27 - ASP.NET Configuration
28 - Asynchronous Request Handling
29 - Working with Controls
30 - Forms and Request Validation
31 - Creating Custom Controls
32 - Stateful Controls
33 - Server-Side HTML Elements
34 - Model Binding
35 - Data Binding
36 - Basic Data Controls
37 - Complex Data Controls
38 - Other Controls
39 - Managing Scripts & Styles
40 - Ajax & Web Services
41 - Client-Side Validation
42 - Targeting Mobile Devices
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published