- Full Description
ASP.NET 4.5 remains Microsoft's preferred technology for creating dynamic websites, providing developers with unrivaled power and flexibility.
Pro ASP.NET 4.5 in VB is the most complete reference to ASP.NET that you will find. This comprehensively revised fifth edition will teach you everything you need to know in order to create well-designed ASP.NET websites. Beginning with core concepts the book progresses steadily through key professional skills. You'll be shown how to query databases in detail, consider the myriad applications of XML, and step through all the considerations you need to be aware of when securing your site from intruders.
Finally, you'll consider advanced topics such as using client-side validation, jQuery and Ajax.By the time you have read this book you will have learned all the skills you need to use ASP.NET 4.5 with confidence.
What youll learn
- Understand why ASP.NET 4.5 is so special, what its fundamental principles are, the basics of Visual Studio, how ASP.NET controls are created and how they fit into ASP.NET pages, ultimately creating full applications.
- Become familiar with ASP.NET MVC 4, one of the biggest additions to ASP.NET 4, and understand how to use it and integrate it within your existing ASP.NET applications.
- Discover the intricacies of ADO.NET and the Entity Framework and how to perform data binding to many sources, from databases to file streams and XML.
- Learn the various forms of security available and how to best apply them. Once considered the Achilles' heel of all Windows web applications, security has vastly improved and is now a cornerstone of ASP.NET.
- Understand how to work with web services, an important skill in an increasingly connected world.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at developers with a basic understanding on the .NET Framework who want to learn how to use it in a professional environment. Migrating readers without this foundation would be well served by reading Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in VB, also by Apress, before tackling this book.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Your First ASP.NET Application
- Part 1: Putting ASP.NET in Context
- Part 1: Essential Language Features
- Part 1: Using jQuery
- Part 1: Essential Development Tools
- Part 1: SportsStore: A Real Application
- Part 1: SportsStore: Navigation & Cart
- Part 1: SportsStore: Completing the Cart
- Part 1: SportsStore: Administration
- Part 1: SportsStore: Deployment
- Part 1: Testable Web Apps
- Part 2: Working with Web Forms
- Part 2: Lifecycle Events & Context
- Part 2: Modules
- Part 2: Handlers
- Part 2: Page & Control Lifecycle Events
- Part 2: Managing Request Execution
- Part 2: Managing State Data
- Part 2: Caching Data
- Part 2: Caching Output
- Part 2: Handling Errors
- Part 2: Managing Paths
- Part 2: URL Routing
- Part 2: Advanced URL Routing
- Part 2: Authentication
- Part 2: Membership
- Part 2: ASP.NET Configuration
- Part 2: Asynchronous Request Handling
- Part 3: Working with Controls
- Part 3: Forms and Request Validation
- Part 3: Creating Custom Controls
- Part 3: Stateful Controls
- Part 3: Server-Side HTML Elements
- Part 3: Model Binding
- Part 3: Data Binding
- Part 3: Basic Data Controls
- Part 3: Complex Data Controls
- Part 3: Other Controls
- Part 4: Managing Scripts & Styles
- Part 4: Ajax & Web Services
- Part 4: Client-Side Validation
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published