- Full Description
If youre a reasonably experienced Flash user who has mastered the basics but wants to empower your SWFs, taking them further toward rich Internet applications, then youve come to the right place! Foundation ASP.NET for Flash will teach you everything you need to know to integrate two of the most exciting technologies used on the Web today.
Using Flash and ASP.NET, its possible to utilize the amazing user interface capabilities of Flash along with the extensive power of ASP.NET to create dynamic, data-driven web applications. In this book, advanced topics are made easy by providing intuitive step-by-step examples.
Author Ryan Moore starts by briefly introducing you to the topic, and then provides a detailed primer on ASP.NET and C#. After that, essential areas are given the full treatment, including FlashVars, LoadVars, ASP.NET objects, XML, Access and SQL Server databases, web services, Flash Remoting, sessions, and security. By the end of the book, youll have built some amazing applications, such as a Google web service interface, an e-commerce site, and a video weblog.
This book covers Flash MX 2004 and Flash 8, ASP.NET 2.0, Visual Studio 2005, and Access and SQL Server 2005. It is an essential part of any Flash or ASP.NET web developer's arsenal.
What youll learn
- Learn the basics of the C# programming language and ASP.NET 2.0.
- Use Visual Studio .NET to create powerful ASP.NET applications that integrate with Flash.
- Create web services in ASP.NET and utilize these services with Flash.
- Use ASP.NET to access and manipulate data from Access and SQL Server databases.
- Set up and use Flash Remoting to communicate between Flash and ASP.NET.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published