- Full Description
Flash is one of the most engaging and innovative, and versatile technologies availableallowing the creation of pretty much anything from simple slideshows, animated banners and icons and cartoons, to rich Internet applications, Interactive videos, and dynamic user interfaces for web sites, kiosks, or DVDs. The possibilities are endless, except that now, it just got better.
In 2007, Adobe released Flash CS3, boasting a whole host of new features, including fully customizable workspace, full ActionScript 3.0 support, a PSD importer, a tween-to-code animation converter, and much more.
This book is all you'll need to learn Flash CS3 from the ground up, or learn about all these new features, if you already have previous Flash experience. Flash experts Tom Green and David Stiller take you step-by-step through all facets of Flash CS3, with the emphasis firmly on good design techniques that you use in your own projects.
You can discover more about this book, download source code, and even view video tutorials at the book's companion site: FoundationFlashCS3.com.
- Learn Flash design from the ground up, or just get to grips with the new features, with a series of step by step tutorials
- Provides an easy introduction to ActionScript 3.0 coding, but the focus is mainly kept on design
- Learn from the experts: written by renowned Flash designers Tom Green and David Stiller
What youll learn
- The ins and outs of the Flash CS3 interface
- How to use all of Flash CS3's essential features, such as text, graphics, and animation
- How to use video and sound effectively in Flash
- The basics of ActionScript 3.0
- Building Flash user interfaces rapidly using components.
- How to populate a Flash movie with dynamic data such as XML.
- The Basics of creating Flash Lite applications (Flash for mobile devices)
- Using Cascading Style Sheets with Flash
- Optimizing and publishing your Flash movies
Who this book is for
This book is for both beginners who want a solid grounding in Flash CS3, and designers with previous Flash experience, who want to get up to speed with the new features.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published