- Full Description
HTML5 is here, and with it, web applications have¬†acquired power, ease, scalability, and responsiveness like never before. With this book, developers will learn how to use the latest cutting-edge HTML5 web technologyavailable in the most recent versions of modern browsersto build web applications with unparalleled functionality, speed, and responsiveness.
This new edition includes major revisions for WebSockets functionality, reflecting the new W3C specification. It also features new chapters covering the drag-and-drop API as well¬†as SVG.
- Explains how to create real-time HTML5 applications that tap the full potential of modern browsers
- Provides practical, real-world examples of HTML5 features in action
- Covers all the new HTML5 APIs to get you up-to-speed quickly with HTML5
- Fully updated to include the latest revisions of the WebSocket API, and much more.
What youll learn
- How the HTML5 specification has evolved
- How to develop cutting-edge web applications using new HTML5 features like WebSockets, geolocation, web storage, Canvas, and audio/video
- Which features are available in modern browsers
Who this book is for
- Web designers and developers who want to use the latest cutting-edge technology available in current browsers
- Developers who want to create dynamic, HTML5 web applications
- Developers who want to know which HTML5 features are supported¬†by modern browsers
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Overview of HTML5
- Using the Canvas API
- Working With Scalable Vector Graphics
- Working with Audio and Video
- Using the Geolocation API
- Using the Communication APIs
- Using the WebSocket API
- Using the Forms API
- Working with¬†Drag-and-Drop
- Using the Web Workers API
- Using the¬†Storage¬†APIs
- Creating Offline Web¬†Applications
- The Future of HTML5
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 207:
About a third of the way down, a sentence reads:
"for completeness, listings 9-7, 9-8 and 9-9 contain the full code for the example application"
this should read:
"for completeness, listings 8-7, 8-8 and 8-9 contain the full code for the example application"