- Full Description
This 88-page primer unveils the key features of Microsoft's eagerly anticipated Windows 8 operating system. Windows 8 contains the revolutionary Metro application framework for building dynamic and responsive touch-enabled applications that target both desktops and mobile devices.
With the official release of Windows 8 looming ever closer, experienced author Adam Freeman invites you to take a crash course in Metro development. Using XAML and C#, he ensures you understand the changes that are being made to Windows development practices and puts you on the right course to creating innovative and elegant applications for this latest evolution of the world’s most successful operating system.
What youll learn
- Create and configure Metro applications
- Implement a touch-enabled user interface
- Store data and application state using the Metro persistence model
- Access remote data using Metro networking
- Package and deploy your Metro application to the app store
Who this book is for
This book is for early-adopters of the Windows 8 operating system working with the Consumer Preview in order to be ahead of the curve in understanding the new ways of working that the operating system introduces.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Creating the UI
- Responding to the User
- Storage and Persistence
- NetworkingPackaging and Deployment
- These chapters are supported by a substantial stand alone code sample.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published