- Full Description
Of course, there is far more to building a successful website than knowing a little Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). The process starts long before any coding takes place, and this book introduces you to the agile development process, explaining why this method makes so much sense for web projects and how best to implement it. We also make sure you're up to date by using the latest HTML5¬†features.¬†Planning is vital, so you'll also learn to use techniques such as brainstorming, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to get your project off to the best possible start and help ensure smooth progress as it develops.
An understanding of correct, semantic markup is essential for any web professional; this book explains how HTML5 should be used to structure content so that the markup adheres to current web standards. You'll learn about the wide range of HTML5 elements available to you, and you'll learn how and when to use them through building example web pages.
Without creative use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), websites would all look largely the same. CSS enables you¬†to set your website apart from the rest, while maintaining the integrity of your markup. We'll showcase the new features of CSS3 and how you can use them.¬†You'll learn how CSS3 works and how to apply styles to your pages, allowing you to realize your design ideas in the browser.
While a website is being built, it needs to be tested across multiple browsers and platforms to ensure that the site works for all users, regardless of ability or disability, and this book explains how best to¬†accomplish these tasks. Then, it discusses the process of launching and maintaining the site so that it will continue to work for all its users throughout its life cycle.
What youll learn
- See how the Web has developed and the role of¬†web standards
- Learn how to plan and manage the building of a website
- Learn how to separate content from presentation with HTML5 and CSS3
- Learn how best to test, launch, and maintain a website
Who this book is for
Web developers and designers starting out in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing the Past, Present, and Future of the Web
- Keeping a Project on Track
- Planning and High-level Design
- Giving Your Pages Structure:¬† HTML5¬†
- Exploring Fundamental Concepts of CSS3
- Developing CSS3 in Practice: From Design to Deployment
- Responsive Design
- Using Server-side Technologies
- Using WordPress to Jumpstart Development¬†
- Afterword: The Business of the Web
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published