- Full Description
The only real tool for developing cross-platform rich Internet applications (RIAs) for that last 11 years has been Flash; until now! Silverlight 3 allows you to develop cross-platform rich Internet applications in a fraction of the time because of the extensive and very powerful .NET 3.5 libraries, the powerful, design friendly Blend 3 IDE, and an enhanced workflow that allows designers and developers to work on the same set of files at the same time.
- Develop stunning RIAs in a short time.
- Learn some basic object-oriented programming principles.
- Get familiar with the Blend 3 development environment.
What youll learn
- Learn the Blend 3 and Visual Studio 2008 IDEs.
- Learn how to create stunning animations using Silverlight 3 Storyboards.
- Learn how to incorporate video and sound into your RIAs with the Silverlight MediaElement.
- Learn about and how to develop quickly using Silverlight 3's reusable resources such as UserControls, ControlTemplates and DataTemplates.
- Learn about the new Visual State Manager and the State panel in Blend 3 to quickly and easily add MouseEnter and MouseLeave states to your UserControls.
- Put everything you have learned together to create a sample Silverlight 3 website.
Who this book is for
Web designers and developers wanting to learn Expression Blend 3 from the ground up. Those who have a background in the development of RIAs and want to learn this technology.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Setting Up the Silverlight Development Environment
- The Blend 3 Integrated Development Environment
- C#, XAML, and Object-Oriented Programming
- Using the VSM and Blend 3s States Panel to Create a Silverlight Media Player
- The Silverlight MediaElement
- The WPF Toolkit
- Events and EventHandlers
- Classes and Interfaces
- ControlTemplates, Styles, and Custom UserControls
- Writing a Custom Content Panel
- Building a Sketchflow Prototype
- Putting Everything Together to Build a Sample Silverlight Website
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published