- Full Description
Windows 8 XAML Primer is a fast-paced introduction to XAML for Windows 8 developers who are already proficient C# coders. It introduces you specifically to the world of XAML development for Windows 8 apps in a practical, hands-on way - so you'll be building apps from the very first pages.
Building on your existing C# knowledge, you're introduced to XAML from the ground up - what it is, what it does, and why it's important in Windows 8 development. You'll quickly learn how to use XAML efficiently within Visual Studio. You'll find practical coding quickstarts to get your XAML hands-on knowledge up to speed, so you'll be ready to progress to your more advanced Windows 8 programming projects with ease.
If you're confident in your .NET coding abilities but the jump to XAML and C# in Windows 8 is giving you pause, then Windows 8 XAML Primer will have you coding Windows 8 projects in its first pages, and you'll be ready to start your own apps by the time you're finished.
What youll learn
- How to code Windows 8 apps with XAML and C# with your own hands.
- Confidence in using XAML within Visual Studio 2012 efficiently.
- How to databind to both data sources and other elements.
- About the many presentation controls and panels that XAML provides for you, what they do and how to use them to best effect.
- How inbuilt resources such as styles, templates and dictionaries can make your code more fluid, terse, and efficient.
- How to develop storyboards using the Visual State Manager to create and control XAML animations within your user interface.
Who this book is for
This book is for new Windows 8 developers who have experience with C# and now want a firm foundation in XAML as they transition to the new world of Windows 8 app development.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Building your first XAML layouts
- Data Binding to data and elements
- Panels for presenting information
- Controls for interacting with users
- Using Resources to speed your development
- Creating Animations and Managing Visual State
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published